My apologies for not getting this post up earlier in the week as planned. I had just started typing it up and Hubby came home with a new Samsung Watch for me! So that sorta grabbed my attention – I do love setting up new devices!
Muted Morning Magnolia
I just love this muted chalkboard technique! It’s rather easy to do and you only need a few products to do it. Chances are you have all you need sitting on your craft shelves!
I did enjoy creating this card as it brought back memories of the Magnolia my Mum had in the front yard at home many many years ago.
Easy Steps …
- Stamp flower onto card using Jet Black Stazon
- Lightly water colour flower with Whisper White Craft Ink and Aqua Painter.
- Water colour over the white areas with Rococo Rose Ink on flower and Pretty Peacock on the leaves.
- Stamp Sentiment in top left of card in Jet Black Stazon
- Use your Rococo Rose Stampin’ Write marker to flick splats on your card
- Stamp Magnolia onto Envelope
Using your Markers to flick ink onto your cards will give them a little more interest and vintage feel. To do this place your brush tip of your marker just inside the cap and flick towards project.
- Be sure to clean your Aqua Painter Brush between colours so you dont cross contaminate your ink pads.
- When painted with the white ink use it sparingly. You only want a light ‘wash’ of ink so having your brush semi dry for this step helps.
- If you clean your stamps fairly quickly after stamping with Stazon ink you should be able to clean them with the Stampin’ Mist and Stampin’ Scrub. If the ink is left on the stamp for a period of time you may need to use the Stazon Cleaner first then clean with the stampin mist.
I do hope you give this fun Muted Chalkboard Technique a try. It’s rather easy to do and the results are stunning. You’ll wow your friends and family with the cards you make with this technique!
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..
Dont miss out on these fantastic offers during August ..
- Extra Extra Stampin Starter Kit – get Extra $45 in products in your kit plus an Extra voucher to spend next month – join & start saving today!
- Annual Catalogue – now available – Shop Online or order yours today
- Holiday Catalogue – starts 4th September – preorder yours today!
- Shop Online 24/7 – grab a cuppa and shop now – use the Hostess code QWFPTDJK to earn your bonus thank you gift!
- Join my Latte Card Stack Club – a monthly subscription card class including a Stamp Set!
- Join my Latte Girls Team – join for all the perks! Hobbyist, Happy Shoppers, Full Time or Part Time – everyone is welcome!
- Check out my YouTube videos
- Follow me on Facebook for all the news, ideas, tips and techniques
- Need to chat? Got a question or two? Email me