Welcome to another week of the What Will You Stamp Challenge!
This week we are creating with Sweet Home …
This is another bundle that as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it and another bundle I havent had time to play with … till now!
Today’s card was one I made on my birthday the other week and as I love birds and birdhouses I teamed Sweet Home up with Best Birds …
How Did She Do That …
- I’ve inked up my ‘house’ stamp in versamark then ‘kissed’ it onto the Hardwood Background stamp which had been inked up in Crumb Cake and then stamped onto Soft Sky cardstock.
- My roof was inked up in Soft Suede ink the stamped above the house then immediately stamping again moving the ‘roof’ stamp down slightly to give it a two tone effect. I then cut my birdhouse out with paper snips which was easy with straight lines.
- The entrance to my birdhouse was done with the door stamp. I only inked up 2/3’s of the stamp then stamped it onto the front of my birdhouse. Again I lifted and moved my stamp slightly to the right and stamped again to give the shadow and depth to the entrance.
- All the other stamps on this card came from the Best Birds Stamp Set. The bird was stamped in Espresso, sponged with crumb cake then Espresso just along the edge and on the wing – just to define the bird image.
- I lightly daubered Calypso Coral on it’s tummy and cheek to give her a bit of colour.
- I painted the flowers using the Clear Wink of Stella Brush like an Aqua Painter with Calypso Coral ink.
Remember, If you do use your Wink of Stella to Water Colour this way remember to wipe off the remaining glimmer from your ink pad lid with a tissue or wet wipe. You dont want your ink pads all glimmery … or maybe you do?
I hope you like today’s card – thinking I might send it to a dear friend who’s father recently passed away.
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop over to the What Will You Stamp Challenge Blog and see what the other ladies have made this week.