Welcome to another Stamping Techniques to try International Blog Hop! This month we are showing the Bordered Sentiments Technique.
This is such a fun and easy technique and it makes a one layer card look dimensional. I’ve been wanting to create with the Varied Vases Stamp Set since I’d got in April as a reward but just hadn’t had time so thought it was the perfect set to use for this technique.
I am so glad I used this set as the card all came together easily as I’d imagined and the two step images are so easy to line up with the Photopolymer stamps. The Varied Vases Stamp Set is also awesome value as you get 34 stamps in the set!
Bordered Sentiments how to …
- With the design in mind so I laid my stamps on the card so I knew the spacing of it all.
- I laid a wide Post-It Note across my card where the top line would be and to border the flowers then simply stamped them leaving room to alternate flower and colours.
- Using a ruler and my Fresh Fig Stampin’ Write Marker I ruled in the top line.
- Stamped the lovely Sentiment in Blackberry Bliss.
- My Scalloped Border outline was stamped in Blackberry Bliss and the inside was stamped in Sahara Sand
- I repositioned the Post-It Note over the scalloped border and stamped the Orchid Spray in Highland Heather. The inside of the flower is also stamped in Highland Heather I just stamped off first.
- The card was then easily assembled and embellished with the Share What You Love Artisan Pearls
This card and technique is quite easy to put together and perfect for all stampers, both new and experienced. I’d love for you to have a try and share with me with you make!
My Latte Card Club is back!
I loved this set so much I’ve designed my new Monthly Latte Card Club around it! Click here to read how this card club will work and what you’ll get each month.
Thanks so much for stopping by and I’ll see you latte …