Good Morning … welcome to another Stamping Techniques to Try Blog Hop. This month the Design Team is sharing the fun Chalkboard or Blackboard Technique.
This is such a fun Technique and one we often forget about so it’s been great to revisit it and share it with you!
I had so much fun creating today’s card …
When deciding what Stamp Set to use my thoughts were drawn to coffee – as they usually are! I know that surprises you … not!
I considered using the Coffee Cafe Stamp Set but thought using the Tea Time Stamp Set would give me more decals and motifs to add. I think it turned out like one of the boards you see outside a cafe or even on the walls inside.
Technique Know How
You will need …
- Black Cardstock
- Craft White Ink Pad (Pigment Ink)
- White or Clear embossing powder
- Heat tool
Easy Steps …
- Cut your black cardstock to size
- Swipe with Embossing Buddy or White ink on Sponge (this can also be done after you have stamped your images
- Stamp your images in White Craft (Pigment) Ink
- Heat set images or cover with embossing powder and heat.
- Add more sponged white ink if desired. Start with light spongeing till you get your desired look.
- Assemble card
Technique Tips ..
- you dont need to use embossing powder on your images however it will give your images more contrast
- you can sponge/swipe the white ink on your card before or after stamping
- if you are embossing your images with the embossing powder make sure your white craft ink pad is well inked but not too juicy
Check out this technique video from Stampin’ Up!
See … it’s not really hard to do and you can create lots of different backgrounds and pieces for your projects.
I would love to see what you create with this technique so be sure to pop me a message and show me!
Thanks for stopping and see you latte ..