Welcome to another Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop. This month we are sharing some simple Gift Card Holder ideas for you to gift those Gift Cards this Christmas.
This is such a cool background technique and all you need is our new Colour Sprinkles, Cling Wrap and a Water Spritzer! Our new Pigment Sprinkles are Watercolor Pigment Crystals and all you need to do is add water for them to burst into colour! You will find these little jars of instant colour on page 179 of the Annual Catalogue.
Cling Sprinkles Technique
I had lots of fun creating with the Sprinkles and this fun technique! My fingers turned a lovely shade of purple and pink!
Here’s what I’ve made for you today …
Now I did make four different panels with this technique experimenting with the different colours and combinations …
Depending on the amount of each colour and the amount of water you use you can get all sorts of different effects.
Originally I wasnt going to use the panel I did as I thought it was too dark and murky. However, I think it’s turned out well with the leaves from Rooted in Nature. I was also going to just use a strip with the leaves but then I didnt want to cut it! So I used the full panel and just added a sentiment
I think it’s turned out quick striking with the White Embossed leaves.
Cling Sprinkles Technique – easy steps
- Lay a piece of Cling Wrap on your work surface. Sprinkle with your chosen colours of Pigment Sprinkles
- Spritz your Sprinkles with water
- Lay a piece of Watercolour Paper down on your spritzed Sprinkles
- Flip the Cling Wrap and Watercolor Paper and scrunch your Cling Wrap. This is what creates the lines and marking on your piece. Leave to dry – this is important – if you dont leave it to dry you wont get those cool markings
- Once dry lift Cling to see your panel
- Create your Masterpiece!
I do hope you like what I’ve created today and give this fun technique a go. If you’d like a little instruction and are local to me I’ll be teaching this technique at my Tuesday Technique Class next week! Click here to download my Class Schedule
Let’s go hopping …
I do hope you enjoyed all the Inspiration in today’s Blog Hop. Remember to leave a comment so the girls know you stopped by.
Thanks for stopping by today – I really appreciate you taking the time to visit.
See you latte ..