Welcome to another Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop. This month we are sharing the Background Technique Cling Sprinkles.
This is such a cool background technique and all you need is our new Colour Sprinkles, Cling Wrap and a Water Spritzer! Our new Pigment Sprinkles are Watercolor Pigment Crystals and all you need to do is add water for them to burst into colour! You will find these little jars of instant colour on page 179 of the Annual Catalogue.
Cling Sprinkles Technique
I had lots of fun creating with the Sprinkles and this fun technique! My fingers turned a lovely shade of purple and pink!
Here’s what I’ve made for you today …
Now I did make four different panels with this technique experimenting with the different colours and combinations …
Depending on the amount of each colour and the amount of water you use you can get all sorts of different effects.
Originally I wasnt going to use the panel I did as I thought it was too dark and murky. However, I think it’s turned out well with the leaves from Rooted in Nature. I was also going to just use a strip with the leaves but then I didnt want to cut it! So I used the full panel and just added a sentiment
I think it’s turned out quick striking with the White Embossed leaves.
Cling Sprinkles Technique – easy steps
- Lay a piece of Cling Wrap on your work surface. Sprinkle with your chosen colours of Pigment Sprinkles
- Spritz your Sprinkles with water
- Lay a piece of Watercolour Paper down on your spritzed Sprinkles
- Flip the Cling Wrap and Watercolor Paper and scrunch your Cling Wrap. This is what creates the lines and marking on your piece. Leave to dry – this is important – if you dont leave it to dry you wont get those cool markings
- Once dry lift Cling to see your panel
- Create your Masterpiece!
I do hope you like what I’ve created today and give this fun technique a go. If you’d like a little instruction and are local to me I’ll be teaching this technique at my Tuesday Technique Class next week! Click here to download my Class Schedule
Let’s go hopping …
Now it’s time to hop around and see what the Latte Girls have made for you today with the Birthday Boy theme …
I do hope you enjoyed the projects included in today’s Blog Hop. Remember to leave a comment so the girls know you stopped by.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..