Hello & Welcome! It’s time for another Stamping Techniques 101 Blog Tour and this month we are sharing with you the Spotlight Technique!
The Spotlight Technique is fun and easy to do. It’s a technique where you highlight just one area of the card and add colour to just that area just as if you were shining a spotlight on it.
Today I’ve teamed up the gorgeous Flirty Flowers Stamp Set and the even more gorgeous Stampin’ Blends and made this card for you …
Now I will admit that I havent been a big fan of this technique … well until now! I love how this card turned out and I love how vibrant the colours are with using the new Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers from Stampin’ Up!
Spotlight Technique Steps ..
Now it can be tricky stamping the piece to go on top and I have a simple way for you to do that …
- Stamp your front layer as you would normally
- Use a punch or die to cut out a section of your panel (I used the 1 3/4″ circle punch)
- Cut another shape slightly bigger with a die or other punch to layer your cut out piece on – you dont want the border too big
- Colour your punched out piece as desired
- Adhere your coloured piece to your mat and then attach to card with dimensionals
Using the ‘mat’ will cover the area that was just punched out so you dont see it and everyone wow’s at how clever you are lining up your images so perfectly!
Do you see those gorgeous yellow rhinestones? How well do they blend in with my card? You wont find them in the catalogue but you can colour our regular rhinestones with the new Stampin’ Blends to make them match any project you are doing and the colour doesnt rub off! Just another way to use the Stampin’ Blends!
Now it’s time to start the tour of the Design Team’s blogs to see how they have used this technique ..
- France Martin – USA
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Leonie Schroder – Australia (you are here!)
- Carmen Morris – Netherlands
- Heike Vass – Germany
Thanks so much for stopping by today and I encourage you to give this fun technique a try!
Register here for my Newsletter
Shop Online 24/7 – Use the Hostess Code for your free Thank You GiftStampin’ Blends will turn you into an artist!
Get yours today!
Want it all? Join my Team and save on all your orders!
Be a Happy Stamper & pay just $169 for $235 in products
Need a Holiday Catalogue – request yours here