Welcome to another International Blog Hop for the Stamping Techniques 101 Design Team ….
This month we are sharing Monochromatic Cards!
I have used the lovely Awesomely Artistic Stamp Set …
The colours I’ve used are Basic Black, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate and Very Vanilla and I’ve added in some Silver Embossing for good measure.
While the card looks involved here’s what I did …
- Score and fold basic black card base, adhere Basic Gray Layer, adhere Smoky Slate Layer
- On Very Vanilla stamp flowers in Smoky Slate top left and middle right on layer. Stamp splatter stamp (after stamping off first) around flowers.
- Cut Banners in Basic Gray and Very Vanilla. Cut thin strip and punch ends with Triple Banner Punch.
- Stamp Flower stamp on extra piece of Very Vanilla in Versamark. Sprinkle over Silver Embossing Powder, shake off excess and heat. Cut out with Paper Snips.
- Using your cut out flowers as a guide stamp the small leaf and splatter stamp on vanilla banner.
- Stamp Frame in Basic Black on Vanilla and Friend inside Frame in Basic Gray. Cut out with Paper Snips.
- Adhere Banners to card with Tombow Liquid Multipurpose Glue.
- Adhere Embossed flowers to banner with dimensionals.
- Adhere Friend Frame to banner below flowers with Tombow Liquid Multipurpose Glue
- Decorate Embossed Flower with Dimensionals (optional)
I loved making this card and there are a few steps but they are fairly easy to do. If you arent good with embossing then you dont have to emboss – simply stamp your flowers in Basic Grey as you want them to stand out from the flowers in the background. You can still add the rhinestones to give it a lift.
I do hope you liked my card today and be sure to pop over and check the other Design Team Blogs for their Monochromatic cards.
Here’s the complete list of the Design Team …
- France Martin
- Sandi MacIver
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen
- Leonie Schroder – you are here!
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris
- Heike Vass
- Michelle Last
- Marine Wiplier
Thanks for stopping by ..