Hello and Welcome to another round of the Stamping Techniques 101 International Blog hop!
This month we have a super simple way to add depth to your cards – the Faux Frame Technique!
This is a technique that I tend to forget about but using this technique adds dimension very easily to your cards. It’s simply drawing a frame on one of your layers either with a template or using a ruler and a marker.
Here’s what I’ve created for you this month …
How did she do that?
- Stamp your images in Basic Black Archival or Jet Black Stazon in opposite corners.
- Using a template or ruler and Stampin Write Marker draw a rectangle to create an even frame ensuring you dont draw the frame through your images.
- Colour as required. I used the gorgeous new Watercolor Pencils.
- Adhere your layers together
Tip: This technique is great on single layer cards creating the illusion of layers.
I really enjoyed making this card and it was nice to create with Birthday Blooms again. It’s a great stamp to colour and use your Watercolor Pencils with – if you’d like to learn more about the Watercolor Pencils why not come along on Sunday to my ‘Ways to use Watercolor Pencils’ Class.
Now it’s time to start hopping and see what the other awesome Stamping Techniques 101 Design Team have created for you this week. Your next stop is the lovely Carmen from The Netherlands
Here’s complete list of Designers …
- France Poitras Martin – USA
- Sandi MacIver –Canada
- Patrice Halliday-Larsen – New Zealand
- Leonie Schroder – Australia (you are here)
- Carmen Sahadat-Morris – Netherlands
- Heike Vass – Germany
- Michelle Last – UK
- Marine Wiplier – France
Enjoy hopping around and seeing all the awesome projects and please dont hesitate to leave us a comment or ask any questions you might have.
Thanks for stopping by ..