Welcome to another Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop! This month we are creating Easel Cards.
Easel Cards are one of those extra special cards to make and send and the receiver is always delighted by them! They may look tricky but they really are quite easy to make.
Easel Cards are purely ones that have an extra fold, or two, to allow them to ‘stand up’ and be displayed.
For this month’s card I’ve used the awesome Classic Garage Suite to make this cool Easel Card ..
This card was a lot of fun to make and one we made in my Classic Garage Class last weekend. It has a few different elements in the card but still achievement for all levels of stampers and crafters.
Easel Card – simple steps ..
- Cut a piece of A4 in half lengthways. Like you would to create a tall card (105mm x 297mm)
- Fold in half and burnish. Fold front in half again and burnish. This becomes your base card.
- Cut a piece of the Classic Garage Designer Series Paper Pack (102mm x 144mm) and adhere to ‘inside’ or ‘base’
- Next cut a Basic Black Mat 102mm x 102mm and adhere to bottom/right panel of card front.
- Cut Vanilla Layer 98mm x 98mm. Use your large cogs die with the embossing mat in your Die Cutting Machine to create the embossed cogs. Stamp oil splatter stamp around edges and cogs embossed image with Gray Granite stamped off. Adhere to basic Black matt.
- Cut cogs out in Basic Black and adhere to Patterned Paper Piece at base with mini dimensionals. Adhere Jute Ribbon and Let’s Celebrate You on top of cogs.
- Cut more single cogs in Basic Black and adhere randomly to vanilla piece with multipurpose glue.
- Stamp All Geared Up on vanilla strip, add some splatters and adhere to top left of vanilla panel.
- Stamp Tool Box and Oil can in memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Colour with Stampin Blends. Cut out with dies and adhere to card front.
- Admire your work!
Your card can stand up as designed by propping the front panel behind your black cogs on the inside of card. You can also lay it flat for easy posting to your favourite car nerd!
I do hope you like this Easel Card and if you have any questions in recreating this card from the steps above please dont hesitate to contact me.
If you dont already have this bundle and would like to get it please be sure to order it as soon as possible and while you can still get it as a bundle and save 10%
Let’s go hopping …
Now it’s time to see all tthe lovely Easel Cards the Simple Stamping Techniques Design Team have created for you today …
- Ann Craig – Australia
- Libby Dyson – Australia
- Leonie Schroder – Australia
- Delys Cram – New Zealand
- Narelle Fasulo – Australia
- Heike Vass – Germany
- Tamra Davis -USA
Please be sure to leave the ladies a comment so they know you have stopped by!
Thanks for stopping by today – I really appreciate you taking the time to visit.
See you latte ..