Good Afternoon! Wow three Blog Hops in a row! Today I’m participating in the Scrapbooking Global Masculine Blog Hop!
You may also have noticed that this is my second Scrapbook Layout in two days as well!
Scrapbooking Global Masculine Blog Hop
Today’s layout is one I created at one of my recent Scrap A Latte Crop Nights – it’s a new event I’m now hosting on the 2nd Friday of each month!
On a previous visit of my Brother to my Dad’s place in Victoria he shared a couple of photo’s on Facebook of himself and Dad at Dad’s favourite coffee shop in Camperdown – The Loaf and Lounge. I promptly saved those pics from Facebook to use on a layout.
I’ve framed one which I’ll take to Dad’s next time I’m down there and figured I may just have to find another frame for the Big Brother for his Birthday or House Warming Present!
Here’s my Layout …
Now I know some of my Australian friends may get a giggle from the title on my page. We had an old radio comedy here that was called Dad & Dave from the 1930’s so you can imagine how corny it must sound now. You can read more about it here
For my layout I wanted it more about the pictures and the look they both give each other when the other isnt looking at them. Such love and admiration a Father and Son can have.
My background paper comes from the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper Pack. It may sound odd for a sheet from a ‘romance’ pack for a Masculine layout but the wood grain paper worked perfectly.
I then used the Artisan Textures Stamp Set to create some interest and ‘texture’ behind the photo’s
I added a strip of darker wood grain paper as a trim and to position my letters on. This paper comes from the Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper Pack. The letters were stamped using the Letters for You Photopolymer Stamp Set and Stamped in Gray Granite and then die cut using the Large Letters Framelit Dies. I finished them off by adding some mini silver brads to each end of the strip.
These are all awesome products to have for your Scrapbooking and Crafting needs. You will need to purchase them this month as they will all retire on 2nd June.
I do hope you like today’s Layout. It was fun and easy to make and while some scrappers fill their pages with embellishments and layers, and there is nothing wrong with that, I tend to have mine more simpler and more about the photo’s.
Let’s go Hopping …
The next blog on the hop today is Sara Levin’s Blog
Here’s a complete list of all the Scrapbooking Global Blog Hoppers today …
Thanks so much for stopping by and please be sure to leave a comment for all the Scrapbookers in today’s Blog Hop so they know you’ve stopped by.
See you latte …
Dont miss out on these fantastic offers during September ..
- Designer Series Paper – Buy 3 get 1 free – get a free pack of Designer Series Paper when you purchase from the preselected list – Shop Now & get your free pack!
- Annual Catalogue – now available – Shop Online or order yours today
- Holiday Catalogue – now on Sale! – Shop Online or order yours today!
- Shop Online 24/7 – grab a cuppa and shop now – use the Hostess code QWFPTDJK to earn your bonus thank you gift!
- Join my Latte Girls Team – join for all the perks! Hobbyist, Happy Shoppers, Full Time or Part Time – everyone is welcome!
- Check out my YouTube videos
- Follow me on Facebook for all the news, ideas, tips and techniques
- Need to chat? Got a question or two? Email me