Good Afternoon! Today I have my Salted Water Colour Trees card for you
Salted Water Colour
Today’s card uses the gorgeous new Rooted in Nature Stamp Set. This was a fun and easy techique I taught recently at my Technique Club Class I run on a Wednesday.
We first created our background. Using Watercolour Paper we did and Water Colour Wash using Blueberry Bushel. Can you see the pink and purple tones in the background? I love how this gorgeous blue can result in the other hues as well!
Salted Water Colour Background steps …
- Cut your Water Colour Paper to size and prepare your piece by painting water over the piece with your Aqua Painter to wet it.
- Using your Aqua Painter pick up some Blueberry Bushel ink. I found placing a couple of drops from an Ink Refill in a plastic lid made it easier to pick up. Paint all over your Water Colour Paper piece. Add more water if required to get the different hues.
- Sprinkle Salt on your card while wet. Experiment with different types of salt. I used Rock Salt and ground Rock Salt.
- Leave Paper to dry or dry with your Heat Tool. Brush off salt when dry.
- Stamp Images as required and assemble card. Ensure your paper is completely dry if stamping with Classic Ink.
This is a fun technique and it’s cool to watch the background react to the Salt. You can see it’s result from the spots on the background.
My images are stamped in Night of Navy. Remember, your water colour paper needs to be completely dry before before Stamping.
Make sure you pop back tomorrow for all the details and specials for World Card Making Day (week)!
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte …