Welcome to the Home Decor Stampin’ Up! Style Blog Hop. We are all sharing ways you can use Stampin’ Up! products to adorn your home and make lovely gifts for friends and family. Today I’ve used the gorgeous Come Sail Away Suite.
Come Sail Away Frame
Today I have a project made recently at my Sailing Home Stamp Camp. I love making framed items to adorn your home or to give as gifts. Here’s my latest Lighthouse Frame …
This Come Sail Away Frame was a load of fun to make! It was also a little messy but still lots of fun.
The frame came from Ikea – one of my favourite places to browse, shop and get up the step count!
My background piece was done using the Cling Wrap Watercolor Shimmer Technique.
Cling Wrap Watercolor Shimmer Technique
- I took a piece of Watercolor Paper and cut off a large piece of Cling Wrap. Scrunched the Cling Wrap so it became the size of the piece of Watercolor Paper.
- On the cling wrap drop drops of 2 to 3 different coloured ink refills as well as some drops of the Frost White Shimmer Paint. Be careful to not drop too much Shimmer Paint or it will take over the background piece. The Ink refills I used were Coastal Cabana, Balmy Blue and Pacific Point. Only drop a couple of drops of Pacific Point as it has a tendancy to take over too.
- Spritz your Cling Wrap with water till the inks start to bead and run a little. Spritz your Watercolor paper with water then lay the wet side down on the Cling wrap.
- Flip these two over and smoosh the Cling Wrap to move your colours around and cover your Watercolor Paper piece.
- Leave your piece to dry with the Cling Wrap on top.
- Once dry remove the Cling Wrap to reveal all the marks from the scrunched cling wrap.
I’ve then layered one of the Laser-cut pieces from the Come Sail Away Memories & More Card Pack. I love all the different cards and pieces you get in these packs. The Lighthouse piece was perfect for this piece.
Rotate your background piece to work out which was looks the best. Then assemble your frame and you are done! Now your Come Sail Away Frame is ready to pop on your shelf or give as a gift.
Let’s go hopping …
Remember to leave a comment for each of the creators so they know you stopped by.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..