I have loved sharing with my Tuesday Technique Class all the many ways you can use the Pigment Sprinkles. Making the Rose Sprinkles cards was maybe just a little messy – but still lots of fun. It’s amazing how giving the same instructions and using the same products can result in so many different looks and results.
Technique How To …
- Take a half sheet of watercolor paper
- completely spritz it with water until the whole sheet is wet (if you want more of a flowing colour add more water)
- Sprinkle Pigment Sprinkles into the water .. start light then add more colour slowly until you get your desired colour. Experiment with 2 or 3 colours.
- Use a paintbrush or skewer to combine or swirl colours.
- Leave to dry – this is the hardest part of this technique. Allowing your piece to dry naturally will result in a wonderful effect. You can speed up the drying with the Heat Tool however this has a tendency to push colour around and sometimes results in a murky look.
- Once your paper is dry stamp in a dark ink or die cut shapes/words to complete your project.
The Roses and diecuts on this first card were done with just the Gorgeous Grape Sprinkles. The more intense colour is where I had more powder and the lighter areas is where I had more water. It’s amazing the variance in tones you can get.
This second card I used the Mango Melody with a couple of shakes of the Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight sprinkles. The background layer on this card, while it looks like a marble paper, is created with one of the 2 step stamps from the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set. It makes a cool background doesnt it?
Today’s Special Birthday offer …
- Purchase the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set (or Bundle) and the Pigment Sprinkles and you’ll receive a free pack of our Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper valued at $15.75!
I do hope you liked today’s cards. They were sure lots of fun to create.
See you latte ..
Dont miss out on these fantastic offers during September ..
- Designer Series Paper – Buy 3 get 1 free – get a free pack of Designer Series Paper when you purchase from the preselected list – Shop Now & get your free pack!
- Annual Catalogue – now available – Shop Online or order yours today
- Holiday Catalogue – now on Sale! – Shop Online or order yours today!
- Shop Online 24/7 – grab a cuppa and shop now – use the Hostess code QWFPTDJK to earn your bonus thank you gift!
- Join my Latte Girls Team – join for all the perks! Hobbyist, Happy Shoppers, Full Time or Part Time – everyone is welcome!
- Check out my YouTube videos
- Follow me on Facebook for all the news, ideas, tips and techniques
- Need to chat? Got a question or two? Email me