When you start stamping you need to have everything and if youre like me one of the first things you’ll probaby buy are Stampin’ Pastels.Â There are just so many things you can do with them and they always give that ‘wow’.
One of the first Techniques I learnt was the ‘Poppin Pastels’ and I think its good to revisit those old techniques as there is usually someone at a workshop or class who is new to stamping and have never seen it before. When I joined Stampin Up in 2006 I got the Pastels in my kit and with the new colour renovation I decided that it would be nice if Santa gave me a new set for Christmas – I must have been good cos thats exactly what he did!
I did a class at my Aunt’s house last week and we did a card using this technique.
The Razzle Dazzle image is done usingÂ the Poppin Pastels Technique in Baja Breeze and Soft Suede.Â You simply stamp the image in Versamark and then sponge the colours over the image and the Versamark actually soaks in the chalk.
Now I will warn you that if you live in Australia and you do this on a hot humid summer day the Versamark tends to dry alot quicker than normal – especially if you have fans blowing around you!
This is a very quick and simple card and you can place any sentiment you like.Â I thought the soft muted tones of the Razzle Dazzle image worked well with a sympathy orÂ thinking of you card.Â I just finished off my card by tying a piece of Marina Mist 1/4″ grosgrain ribbon. Easy Queasy card 🙂
Dont forget ….
- its now Sale-a-bration so for every $100 you spend you earn a free Sale-a-bration Stamp set. Just click on the Sale-a-bration Catalogue in my sidebar to view the sets and choose which you want.
- Join my Stampin’ Up! team during Sale-a-Bration and receive a bonus free stamp set to the value of $79.95 – how sweet is that?
- all stamp sets sold for $30 has Stampin Up! donating $2 to help those affected by the horrific floods in Queensland
- I am donating all my commission on sales until 15th February to the Queensland Flood Relief Appeal – book a workshop and I’ll donate another $10.
- All phone & mail orders before 15th February go into the draw to win the Every Moment Stamp Set
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding joining the Stampin Up family or wish to place an order.