Welcome to another Simple Stamping Techniques Blog Hop. This month we are sharing the Floating Frame Technique.
Floating Frame Technique
The Floating Frame Technique happens to be one of my favourite techniques. Its rather easy and gives dimension and sometimes a little pop to your cards!
To create the Floating Frame Technique you just need to cut yourself a frame – either with your Punches or Dies. Then attach it to the top of your card with Dimensionals – this gives the ‘floating’ effect.
Here’s what I’ve created for you today …
This card was so easy to make and the patterned paper is so pretty! It comes from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper Pack. It’s handy that the gorgeous Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper Pack is one of the packs included in this month’s Buy 3 get 1 free offer!
The card also uses the new Hammered Metal embossing folder which gives like a cracked glass look to the whisper white layer.
The Pool Party Frame is easy to create with the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Simply run the two sizes through together and you have an instant frame plus a gorgeous rectangle layer to use on another card!
To complete my card I added a sweet little sentiment in the Nested Label piece. I folded a piece of the White Flax ribbon and attached a Mossy Meadow Cotton Bow then popped on a Faceted Flower Gem for some extra elegance.
I hope you give this technique a go. It really is quite easy to do and gives your cards dimension and lovely pop!
Let’s go hopping …
I do hope you enjoyed all the Fancy Folds projects included in today’s Blog Hop. Remember to leave a comment so the girls know you stopped by.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..
Dont miss out on these fantastic offers during September ..
- Designer Series Paper – Buy 3 get 1 free – get a free pack of Designer Series Paper when you purchase from the preselected list – Shop Now & get your free pack!
- Annual Catalogue – now available – Shop Online or order yours today
- Holiday Catalogue – now on Sale! – Shop Online or order yours today!
- Shop Online 24/7 – grab a cuppa and shop now – use the Hostess code QWFPTDJK to earn your bonus thank you gift!
- Join my Latte Girls Team – join for all the perks! Hobbyist, Happy Shoppers, Full Time or Part Time – everyone is welcome!
- Check out my YouTube videos
- Follow me on Facebook for all the news, ideas, tips and techniques
- Need to chat? Got a question or two? Email me
It’s my Birthday Month!
So let’s celebrate!
I love celebrating Birthday’s and this month you get the presents!! Simply shop with me and you’ll receive a free gift …
- Spend $20-$59 and receive free Peacock Rhinestones
- Spend $60-$99 and receive the hammered Metal or Stylish Scroll Embossing Folder
- Spend $100 or more and receive the Brightly Gleaming or Feels Like Frost Specialty Paper Pack
But wait … there’s more!
Everyone who places an order will go in the draw to win a Christmas Countdown Project Kit or the Joy of Giving Christmas Tag Project Kit. The more orders you place the more entries you get!