Good Afternoon … I do hope you are enjoying the Long Weekend and managed to squeeze in some crafting time for you! I have a cool card using the Come Sail Away Bundle.
Come Sail Away
The Come Sail Away Suite in the new Annual Catalogue (p144-146) is awesome! It’s a great suite to use when creating cards and projects for those men folk.
Today’s cards are two that we created at one of my recent Tuesday Technique Classes. It does use Gloss Cardstock which is now retired but Photo paper will also work for this technique!
This background is the perfect backdrop for the Lighthouse and boats. However if the skies look like this it’s probably best not to take those small boats out on the water!
Faux Watercolor Background
Here’s how to create the background …
- Cut a piece of A4 Gloss Cardstock/Photo Paper in 4. Use 2 pieces at a time.
- Spritz one piece of cardstock/paper with rubbing Alcohol. Ensure it’s totally covered and wet.
- using 2 or 3 different colours drop 2-3 drops of ink from your reinkers onto the cardstock.
- Take your 2nd piece of cardstock/photo paper and smoosh on top of the other you placed the ink on then slide off.
- Leave your pieces to dry or you can use the heat tool to speed up the drying. Just dont hold your heat tool too close to the cardstock or it could burn.
Once my backgrounds were dry I carefully stamped the birds on and finished my card with the die cut lighthouse and boats. The sentiment is also from the Sailing Home Stamp set and punched out.
I used some whisper white and navy bakers twine in a knot to finish off my card.
If you like the Come Sail Away Suite you might like to join me on 7th July for my Full Day Stamp Camp.
It’s a fun day which includes Lunch, Morning & Afternoon Tea, project kits, tutorials and bag of goodies valued at over $30!
To RSVP and Register simply contact me or click the button above.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..