.Good Morning .. it’s cool and overcast here in Sydney today and I’ve got one of the cards from yesterday’s Big Shot 101 Class – the Inked Embossing Folder Technique.
Big Shot 101 – Inked Embossing Folder
I enjoyed creating this card and with Christmas less than 6 months away it’s not too early to start Christmas Cards is it?
Easy Steps – Inked Embossing Folder Technique
- Choose your Embossing Folder and Ink Colour
- Using your ink pad direct to the embossing folder swipe ink pad to cover in ink.
- Insert Cardstock/Paper into folder and run through the Big Shot.
- Your ink is now transferred onto the cardstock allowing for the pattern to emboss.
- for a softer tone of your ink use the sponge brayer to apply the ink to the embossing folder
- to ink the ‘background’ of the folder ink up the side that has the sizzix/stampin up logo on it.
- to ink on the ‘design’ of the folder ink up the side that does not have the sizzix/stampin up logo on it.
- place your cardstock on the un-inked side then close the folder. This way you wont smoosh the ink on the cardstock before putting it through the Big Shot.
- Ink both sides to see the difference each side makes
To add shimmer the tree’s are painted clear Wink of Stella. This way they shimmered like having snow on the leaves. It’s a little tricky to get that effect in a photo maybe you can see it a little.
I hope you like today’s card and you pop over to the Inkspire Me Sketch Challenge Blog and see all the other creations done with this lovely Sketch.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..