I have loved sharing with my Tuesday Technique Class all the many ways you can use the Pigment Sprinkles. Making the Rose Sprinkles cards was maybe just a little messy – but still lots of fun. It’s amazing how giving the same instructions and using the same products can result in so many different looks and results.
Technique How To …
- Take a half sheet of watercolor paper
- completely spritz it with water until the whole sheet is wet (if you want more of a flowing colour add more water)
- Sprinkle Pigment Sprinkles into the water .. start light then add more colour slowly until you get your desired colour. Experiment with 2 or 3 colours.
- Use a paintbrush or skewer to combine or swirl colours.
- Leave to dry – this is the hardest part of this technique. Allowing your piece to dry naturally will result in a wonderful effect. You can speed up the drying with the Heat Tool however this has a tendency to push colour around and sometimes results in a murky look.
- Once your paper is dry stamp in a dark ink or die cut shapes/words to complete your project.
The Roses and diecuts on this first card were done with just the Gorgeous Grape Sprinkles. The more intense colour is where I had more powder and the lighter areas is where I had more water. It’s amazing the variance in tones you can get.
This second card I used the Mango Melody with a couple of shakes of the Melon Mambo and Daffodil Delight sprinkles. The background layer on this card, while it looks like a marble paper, is created with one of the 2 step stamps from the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set. It makes a cool background doesnt it?
Today’s Special Birthday offer …
- Purchase the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set (or Bundle) and the Pigment Sprinkles and you’ll receive a free pack of our Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper valued at $15.75!
I do hope you liked today’s cards. They were sure lots of fun to create.
Thanks for stopping by and see you latte ..
Dont miss out on these fantastic offers during September ..
- Designer Series Paper – Buy 3 get 1 free – get a free pack of Designer Series Paper when you purchase from the preselected list – Shop Now & get your free pack!
- Annual Catalogue – now available – Shop Online or order yours today
- Holiday Catalogue – now on Sale! – Shop Online or order yours today!
- Shop Online 24/7 – grab a cuppa and shop now – use the Hostess code QWFPTDJK to earn your bonus thank you gift!
- Join my Latte Girls Team – join for all the perks! Hobbyist, Happy Shoppers, Full Time or Part Time – everyone is welcome!
- Check out my YouTube videos
- Follow me on Facebook for all the news, ideas, tips and techniques
- Need to chat? Got a question or two? Email me